January 4, 2012

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

My recent ascent into fatherhood has kept me from being able to create new artwork (though my definition of art now includes my daughter), so I haven't posted in a while. But - I was finally able to get back into something this week, mostly painted during naps (hers, not mine). This started as the inkwork for the Gym Class Heroes' Berserkers graphic I did (which was colored digitally), now watercolored and with new lettering. In case anyone cares, the lettering is greek and means "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it" - a spartan battle motto, meaning you either come home with your shield (victorious), or on it (honorable death in battle). Those were the only two choices.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Your post is very small but interesting. And the artwork that you've done is really fantastic. So you've talked about your daughter to be included in the definition of art, in what respect you have wrote that?

    ReplyDelete